Pieminister is looking for an experienced Event Chef to work alongside our dedicated events team. The role is responsible for ensuring a high level of food preparation, service and customer care. The Event Chef will be involved in setting up events, prepping, cooking and serving whilst living the companies values of ‘Good Times with Pies’.
The ideal candidate will have Event Chef experience, ideally within the wedding industry. They will be happy to work some unsociable hours and weekday daytimes for loading and prep. Good communication skills are essential, along with a professional and friendly outlook. This is a customer facing role.
This role is based in Bristol city centre, but you will be expected to travel to and from events regularly.
Key areas of responsibility
- Consistently serving a high-quality product to clients
- Delivering a high level of service within a team (1-8 staff) to the client’s specification
- Managing your own time and ensuring food is well presented and served on time at events
- Support colleagues and go the extra mile for them and Pieminister where required.
- Assist your manager in any problem solving required
- Risk management on site – ensuring that you adhere to health and safety protocols as per training and management instruction
- Responsible for ensuring that paperwork such as temperature records are completed to a high standard.
- Loading and unloading for events
- Minimum of 3 months event chef experience
- Clear communication skills
- Be able to think on your feet
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to think outside the box
- Great customer service
- Flexible working hours, mostly Fridays and weekend work
- Strong all round communicator – highly organised, ambitious, enthusiastic, and driven.
- Food safety level 1 or 2
- Clean full Uk driving license with at least 5 years driving experience
- £8.50 – £12.00 per hour based on experience (opportunity to move up the pay scale)
- During peak event season expect roughly between 12-30 hours across the weekends where you are booked onto an event
- 0 Hour contract – mostly weekend seasonal work
- Clear path for remuneration increases
- Pie Day Friday – lunch on us every week
- Staff discount on pies and meals
- Chance to get involved with all of our charitable activity
- Invite to the annual pie awards, parties and picnic
- Continuous training and development to grow within the world of pie
- And… a Pieminister tea towel, The Holy Pie-ble and free Pie Feast vouchers to try out the restaurant menu
From Pieminister’s humble beginnings, selling pies at music festivals and market stalls, we have now grown to over 15 restaurants and have ambitious expansion plans to roll out more restaurants up and down the country.
Pieminister is a multi-channel business developing pies (and other products) for Pieminister’s restaurants, cafes, brand licenses (which include pubs and leisure venues) and independent retailers, delis and supermarkets. Pieminister also host pie and mash weddings, cater for corporate events and feed festival goers in the summer.
Pieminister is still a family owned business and has 150 pie experts making over 6 million pies a year and up to 95,000 pies a week in Bristol during peak times. Pieminister is the UK’s only national pie company to use 100% free range British meat. And the provenance of ingredients is a key part of what Pieminister stand for.
Pieminister also has a strong commitment to animal welfare and redistributing waste through our Little Acts of Pieness initiative (where we give people frozen pies to raise money for charity). We have also been recognised as one of the 1,000 businesses to inspire Britain, won awards for most of our pies and are hailed in the press as the saviour of the British pie.
The working environment at Pieminister is fast paced, varied, high-energy and we have lots fun along the way. We don’t wear suits, but we are serious about business and our ambition to be the UK’s most loved pie brand.