We are looking for an experienced Event Manager to run Pieminister’s events across the UK. The role will ensure a high level of service and customer care is delivered and will involve smoothly running the event operations and effectively delivering an unforgettable experience. Our aim is to offer Good Times with Pies to all clients.
The ideal candidate will have experience ideally within the wedding industry, and a proven track record of delivering successful events whilst keeping within budget. They must be flexible to work unsociable hours for event days and also some weekday daytime.
As an Event Manager they will be responsible for managing a team of chefs and waiting staff on shift and excel at creating a professional and friendly working environment with the highest level of customer service to the clients.
This role is based in Bristol city centre, but you will be expected to travel to and from events regularly.
Key areas of responsibility
- Responsible for between 2-20 direct staff on shift and all event equipment up to capital 5 figures
- Responsible for ensuring that the quality of product being delivered to the client is of a high and consistent standard.
- Responsible for executing events to a high standard and ensuring that all guests experience ‘Good Times with Pies’.
- Responsible for ensuring the event runs to schedule and to the client’s specification
- Responsible for following the event pack provided to ensure that all details are followed as agreed between Pieminister and the client
- You will be the point of contact on the day for the client and expected to liaise with them to ensure the event runs smoothly.
- You will be responsible for problem solving any issues that may arise on the day of the event and ensuring that these are dealt with effectively
- Risk management on site – ensuring that all staff adhere to health and safety protocols
- Responsible for onsite and post event administration as instructed by your manager
- Responsible for assisting in training staff on site to ensure that all food is prepared and delivered correctly and to a high standard
- Responsible for overseeing loading, unloading and the event day.
- 1-2 years’ Event Management experience
- Clear communication skills and great paperwork
- Be able to think on your feet and problem solve
- Ability to multi task
- Creative thinker
- Flexible working hours, mostly Fridays and weekend work
- Strong all round communicator – highly organised, ambitious, enthusiastic, and driven.
- Food safety level 2 or 3
- Clean full Uk driving license with at least 5 years driving experience
- Salary is £10.00 – £12.00 per hour based on experience (opportunity to move up the pay scale)
- During peak event season expect roughly between 12-30 hours across the weekends where you are booked onto an event
- 0 Hour contract – mostly weekend seasonal work
- Clear path for remuneration increases
- Pie Day Friday – lunch on us every week
- Staff discount on pies and meals
- Chance to get involved with all of our charitable activity
- Invite to the annual pie awards, parties and picnic
- Continuous training and development to grow within the world of pie
- And… a Pieminister tea towel, The Holy Pie-ble and free Pie Feast vouchers to try out the restaurant menu
From Pieminister’s humble beginnings, selling pies at music festivals and market stalls, we have now grown to over 15 restaurants and have ambitious expansion plans to roll out more restaurants up and down the country.
Pieminister is a multi-channel business developing pies (and other products) for Pieminister’s restaurants, cafes, brand licenses (which include pubs and leisure venues) and independent retailers, delis and supermarkets. Pieminister also host pie and mash weddings, cater for corporate events and feed festival goers in the summer.
Pieminister is still a family owned business and has 150 pie experts making over 6 million pies a year and up to 95,000 pies a week in Bristol during peak times. Pieminister is the UK’s only national pie company to use 100% free range British meat. And the provenance of ingredients is a key part of what Pieminister stand for.
Pieminister also has a strong commitment to animal welfare and redistributing waste through our Little Acts of Pieness initiative (where we give people frozen pies to raise money for charity). We have also been recognised as one of the 1,000 businesses to inspire Britain, won awards for most of our pies and are hailed in the press as the saviour of the British pie.
The working environment at Pieminister is fast paced, varied, high-energy and we have lots fun along the way. We don’t wear suits, but we are serious about business and our ambition to be the UK’s most loved pie brand.