We are looking for a Facilities Handyperson to carry out site wide facilities maintenance and to undertake upkeep and repair tasks at the interior or exterior of Pieminister kitchens. We’ll rely on you to keep our facilities in perfect condition by doing various odd jobs. You must be well-organised with strong general repair skills.
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and the ability to collaborate between department heads.
This role is based here in our Pieminister Kitchens, Charlton Road, Brentry.
- Perform maintenance and light repairs
- Perform routine work on the grounds
- Paint and fill gaps or crevices (on walls, walkways etc.)
- Undertake light installation or carpentry (e.g. build cabinets)
- Assist tradespeople with electrical, plumbing or HVAC repairs
- Undertake duties as assigned by your manager or emergency tasks
- Identify and report the need for major repairs
- Liaising with contractors and other workers when required
- Weekly audit check list and recording
- Monthly ladder checks and recording
- Maintaining water softeners supply of salt and inspection
- Any other compliance checks required
- 1stline of response to any drain blockages from sinks, toilets, drains, kitchen grease traps etc., and to clean up spillages as required
- GMP, Technical and H&S audit compliance and sign off
- Perimeter inspection
- Meter reading
- Monitoring of chilling/cooling and heating equipment in the various plant rooms
- Daily air compressor checks
- To maintain a visual daily log of events
From Pieminister’s humble beginnings, selling pies at music festivals and market stalls, we have now grown to over 14 restaurants and have ambitious expansion plans to roll out more restaurants up and down the country.
Pieminister is a multi-channel business, developing pies (and other complimentary products) for Pieminister’s restaurants, cafes, brand licenses (which include pubs and universities) and independent retailers, delis and supermarkets. Pieminister also host pie and mash weddings, cater for corporate events and feed festival goers in the summer.
Pieminister is still a family owned business and has 150 pie experts making over 6 million pies a year and up to 90,000 pies a week in Bristol. Pieminister is the UK’s only national pie company to use 100% free range British meat. And the provenance of ingredients is a key part of what Pieminister stand for.
Pieminister have been recognised as one of the 1,000 businesses to inspire Britain, won awards for all Pieminister pies and are hailed in the press as the saviour of the British pie.
The working environment at Pieminister is fast paced, varied, high-energy and we have lots fun along the way. We don’t wear suits, but we are serious about business and our ambition to be the UK’s most loved pie brand.
- Self-reliant and responsible
- Time management and organisation skills
- Can do attitude
- Experience with workplace hardware tools and electrical equipment
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing or HVAC systems
- Basic math skills
- Good communication ability
- Well-organised and apt in problem-solving
- Attention to detail
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Always willing to learn new tasks (PAT testing, Temperature monitoring, etc.)
- Adhering to current and future SHE requirements
- MEWP and Boom lift license will be required (Training will be given)
- Clear path for remuneration increases
- Child care vouchers
- Pie Day Friday – lunch on us every week
- Staff discount on bulk buys of pies and meals in our restaurants
- Chance to get involved with all of our charitable activity
- Invite to the annual pie awards, parties and picnics
- Continuous training and development to grow within the world of pie
- And… a Pieminister tea towel, The Holy Pie-ble and free Pie Feast vouchers to try out the restaurant menu!
Job type: Full-time
To apply for the role, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with the reference: Pieminister Facilities Handyperson.