Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Manager
Full Job Description:
Pieminister was founded in 2003 by brothers-in-law Jon Simon and Tristan Hogg. To this day, the company continues to put great taste and quality at the heart of every pie it bakes. Our award-winning pies are made in Bristol using responsibly-sourced ingredients. We use Free Range British meat and have a selection of Vegetarian Society and Coeliac Society approved pies too, as well as our newest vegan pie which carries the trusted Vegan trademark.
We’re looking for an Interim Supply Chain Manager to co-ordination the Supply Chain function, to maximise customer fulfilment whilst minimising cost across the whole supply chain.
The Supply Chain Manager will have responsibility for all supply chain planning processes, with focus on maintaining and improving performance areas including, but not limited to:
- Plan Accuracy and stability
- Cost control (finished goods, WIP, waste etc.)
- Scheduling efficiencies
- Internal and external communication
- Managing external Customer supply chain relationships
- Forecast collation and interrogation (internal and external)
- Performance tracking and reporting
- Rough-cut capacity planning & scenario planning
- New Product launches and delists
Responsibility for the day-to-day logistics with regards to customer supply and focus on maintaining and improving service standards in areas including but not limited to:
- Customer service levels – to all channels including Pieminister Restaurants, major multiple retailers, independent retailers and festivals/events
- Internal service levels – material and information flows
- Managing interface with 3rd party logistics providers
- Cost control (stock movements, stock holding etc.)
A key element of the role will be to review current tools, reports, processes and systems with a view to improve and /or streamline.
- Supply Chain Management experience / qualifications (degree, APICS or similar)
- Quick learner, strong communicator (verbally & written) – able to make complex things simple (and well presented!)
- Strong IT / systems proficiency
- Ability/strength creating processes from scratch, as well as continuous improvement of current processes
- Logistics management experience
- Supply or Demand planning experience
- People management experience
- Small business experience
- FMCG & Chilled food experience
- Competitive salary
Pension – auto enrolled as per legal obligations
Holidays – 21 days pro-rata
Pie Day Friday – lunch on us every week
Staff discount on pies and meals
Chance to get involved with all of our charitable activity
Invite to the annual pie awards, parties and picnic
And… a Pieminister tea towel, The Holy Pie-ble and free Pie Feast vouchers to try out the restaurant menu
This role is a fixed-term 6-month contract. The role is based at Pieminister kitchens in Brentry.
Applications from those looking for their next career move as well as professional-interims are welcome. Approaches from agencies are not invited at this time.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference: Supply Chain Manager